[distcc] cmake and distcc

Fergus Henderson fergus at google.com
Fri Aug 22 18:03:00 GMT 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Konrad Kleine <konrad.kleine at gmx.de> wrote:

> I forgot to mention that I get an error message when compiling:
>
> "distcc[12849] (dcc_build_somewhere) Warning: failed to distribute,
> running locally instead"

There should be some other message from distcc preceding that one, which
will help explain _why_ it failed to distribute that job.

Also, try setting DISTCC_VERBOSE=1 in your environment, e.g.

   export DISTCC_VERBOSE=1

That may give you more information.

If that's still not enough, try looking at the syslog messages from distcc
on the desktop machine ("sudo less /var/log/messages" and/or "sudo less
/var/log/syslog").

> CXX=distcc

That's not a good idea, because distcc will default to "gcc", not "g++", if
you don't give it a compiler.
CXX="distcc g++" is better.

--
Fergus Henderson <fergus at google.com>