[cygwin][distcc] distccd_xxxxxxx.ii: No such file or directory

Fergus Henderson fergus at google.com
Wed Jul 2 12:22:14 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 4:31 AM, Eric Keller <keller.eric at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am trying to compile with distcc under windows xp (unfortunately I
> am forced to use Windows)

Anyway, I downloaded cygwin and it's distcc
> version:
> distcc 2.18.3 i686-pc-cygwin (protocols 1 and 2) (default port 3632)
> built Apr 25 2005 11:10:45

BTW there is a new distcc version (3.0rc2) available at http://distcc.org.

We are using a PowerPc c++ppc.exe compiler which are installed in the
> same location on all my PC's

The problem is that this compiler doesn't understand Cygwin path names.

You can probably work around this problem by using a shell script wrapper
around c++ppc.exe that converts the Cygwin path names to Windows path names
using the Cygwin-provided utitility for that, which is called "cygpath".

--
Fergus Henderson <fergus at google.com>