[distcc] (no subject)

Saravanan Palanichami chavan77 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 31 21:44:19 GMT 2008

I am using distcc to compile distributed

a) I am using 2 machines that run distccd
b) I compile on machine number 3
c) If I do not add localhost to list of HOSTS on machine 3, then I see that only preprocessing happens on machine 3, which is good

Is there any way to force distcc to preprocess all files first before starting to build them, so that there is no wait time when the other 2 machines are done compiling? This way localhost could also be added to list of HOSTS and the machine 3 can also participate in compiles without bogging it down too much with preprocessor requests. Now I am not sure if this speed up the process. Any advice?Regards,P Saravanan