[distcc] Server times out after a few files

Patrick Hanna phanna at google.com
Fri Jan 4 16:14:38 GMT 2008

Turns out that some other machine on my network had the same ip. I
fixed that issue.

But I have another question. I built distcc for the mac (I've tried
several versions but I get the same behavior) and everything works
great for a while until distcc stops sending requests to all the hosts
and only sends to the first one in the list. The logs report that
distcc is starved. It looks like there are locks in ~/.distcc/locks
for all the other hosts. I know that the remote machines are fine
because if I stop the build and restart where it left off everything
is fine.

How does distcc get starved? If I change the order of hosts the
behavior doesn't change, it is always the first host in the list that
continues to work and all the other hosts stop receiving work.

Patrick