[distcc] Server times out after a few files

Patrick Hanna phanna at google.com
Thu Jan 3 00:36:15 GMT 2008

I have never had this problem before but when I initially start distcc
using /etc/init.d/distcc start, after about 3 files, the connection
times out. In general, it times out while sending or receiving the
files. There are no errors in either distcc logs or distccd logs. I
have a feeling like there is something going on with port conflicts or
the nic on the remote machine since my other remote machines don't
have any issues. Usually if I wait a while and try again and I can get
one or two files to compile and then it times out again. Does anyone
have any idea what could be going on?

Thanks,

Patrick