[distcc] compile stops ...

Roberto Alejandro Espí Muñoz teratux at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 02:51:49 GMT 2007

I managed to configure my project so that it always produces a 32 bit
application with the option "-m32" to the gcc compiler.  Now I have a new
problem.  I added to my compile farm of the 64 bit pc other pc's with 32 bit
architecture and on all of them I have the same problem.  I used the
distccmon-gnome monitor to follow the process and on every job it starts to
compile and after a while it stops remotely and it does not start a job
locally on my pc.  The terminal hangs also.  Here is how I called distccd on
every pc:

# distccd --allow <my_ip> --user <any_user>

and on my client:

# distccd --allow 127.0.0.1 --user <my_user>
# export DISTCC_HOSTS="pc1 pc2 localhost"
#make -j 5 CXX=distcc project_target

Here's the error I get from the other pc's in my terminal:

distcc[3561] (dcc_select_for_read) ERROR: IO timeout
distcc[3561] (dcc_r_token_int) ERROR: read failed while waiting for token
"DONE"
distcc[3561] Warning: failed to distribute src/runtime/main_project.cpp to
192.168.11.189, running locally instead
distcc[3567] (dcc_select_for_read) ERROR: IO timeout
distcc[3567] (dcc_r_token_int) ERROR: read failed while waiting for token
"DONE"
distcc[3567] Warning: failed to distribute
src/runtime/main_project_anotherfile.cpp to 192.168.11.183, running locally
instead

Thanks ...
--
teratux