[distcc] Support for Sun Studio 11

Ihar `Philips` Filipau thephilips at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 18:35:50 GMT 2007

On 4/4/07, Greg Earle <earle at isolar.dyndns.org> wrote:
> I haven't seen anything posted on this list about using non-GCC
> compilers since last September.  Has anything changed in this
> regard?  I can't believe I'm the only one who is forced to use
> non-GCC compilers in some instances (I do use it for most of
> my "system"-type stuff that I build).

And what is your problem? It has way too different set of command line options?

'-E', '-c' & '-o' are standard ones - as inherited from POSIX'
cc/c99/c++. '-MF' is only non-standard what comes to my mind. But it
is rarely needed and used only by legacy build systems a-la make.

> I'm beta-testing Sun Studio 11 in my organization (we're still
> back on Sun Forte 6 Update 2, if you can believe it - the
> wheels of industry grind slowly where I work) and have a
> ridiculously slow (rack-mounted Sun Ultra 60 clone by Tatung)
> machine to build on - and I'm building large things, such as
> Firefox 2.0.0.3 (which took 9 hours to build last night),
> SeaMonkey 1.1.1 (even longer), and large subsystems of our own
> code.  We're constrained to use Sun's compilers (existing
> practice) and the Mozilla stuff needs to use them as well since
> we need the Java plug-in and the Sun-provided one was built with
> Sun's compilers and it's a shared object.  Suggestions to "Just
> use GCC" will be cheerfully ignored  :-)
>
>     - Greg
>

> __
> distcc mailing list            http://distcc.samba.org/
> To unsubscribe or change options:

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
    -- Albert Camus (attributed to)