[distcc] [rfc] [patch] distccd: remote command substitution (not tested!)

Ihar `Philips` Filipau thephilips at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 11:58:59 GMT 2007

On 3/10/07, Lisa Seelye <lisa at gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Sat, March 10, 2007 14:24, Ihar `Philips` Filipau wrote:
> > Problem: Not all packages are correctly referring to
> > host compiler by full name. Gentoo people seem to patch configuration
> > systems as much as they can, but yet many packages (even if told
> > implicitly to use compiler by full name) dumbly call "gcc" or "cc" or
> > "g++".
>
> This behaviour is a bug. Please report packages which don't call the fully
> qualified gcc compiler name to https://bugs.gentoo.org.

  [off-topic] Will do. I have already created account on gentoo's
bugzilla. The two
latter examples of broken packages were cdrkit and boot (that was
emerge for k3b & k3d). Something also broke when emerging vlc.

  [on-topic] Anyhow, the patch (against 2.18.3, funnily enough) works. I just
tested it on my development system (after getting deeper into --wizard
stuff). When I will finish testing it on my compile-trash-can-farm
(tomorrow) I will post proper patch - with more
comments and logging built in - for tla repository. If, of course,
anybody's interested here.

--
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.