[distcc] --allow option for multiple nets?

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Sat Dec 9 18:23:17 GMT 2006

I've installed distcc on FreeBSD-6, and seem to have a problem with the ACL:

    Dec  9 13:03:15 mail distccd[10709]: (dcc_check_client) ERROR:
    connection denied by access list

despite my trying multiple options such as --allow 192.168.0.0/24
--allow 127.0.0.0/8, it's not clear in the manpage if distcc will accept
multiple options here.  But it's not working.

My other machine is coming from 192.168.1.x and technically, with the
first --allow option, it should just work.

So my questions are:

1)  Can the debugging output to the log be extended (in the code) to log
the IP address that connected, that would be useful here

2)  Have I hit a bug?  I tried running it without the --allow option,
but it's now manditory.

3)  Can you have multiple --allow arguments on the command line?  If so,
can we get the manpage updated to reflecft that.

Thanks.