[distcc] invoking distcc with !gcc

abhishek jain abhins_4 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 20:15:15 GMT 2006

hi all

I am very new to distcc. I have an embeddd project
whose compilation takes long time. I am trying to use
distributed compilation tool distcc. I am using armcc
and wanted to know how can I use !gcc compilers.

1.Will it be ok to just replace armcc in my makefile
to distcc armcc??

2.How would the volunteer machines(servers running
distccd) know which compiler to use?

3.Is there any dynamic configuration method so that
the client's enviroment variable DISTCC_HOSTS is
automatically set to the list of avaiable
servers(running distccd daemon)?

I am using cygwin port on windows Xp for my
compilation.

Regards
Abhi