[distcc] Bug Report

Andrew Buettner leeloo at cletis.net
Tue Aug 22 23:11:06 GMT 2006

Running distcc 2.18.3 on several computers as follows:
P4 Northwood (HT) running gentoo ~2004.0 (trying to upgrade) (host machine - distcc)
P4 Unknows (HT) running Windows XP Pro and Cygwin
AMD Athlon XP 1800+-M  running XP Home and Cygwin
Both cygwin installs are identical file for file

All computers run i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc 3.4.6 for their perspective OS, binutils
2.15.91 and glibc 2.3.6.
The computer that is running XP Home compiles fine, while the computer running
Pro hangs whenever jobs are tasked.  The computer responds but gcc runs
continuously and will not complete its job.  I can't seem to troubleshoot this
further and have found no similar bug reports on the web.  I would hate to not
be able to use this computer as I am doing a major update to gentoo on the linux
box.
I also tried compiling a cygwin file both locally and using distcc from the XP
home system.  Locally worked ok, remote also exhibited the same problem.

                                                                See Ya!
                                                                Andy