[distcc] Problem between RHEL3 Update 7 and previous updates

raja at ece.gatech.edu raja at ece.gatech.edu
Tue Aug 8 22:15:48 GMT 2006

Ya, i tried that..The symbol is still there..

 # 50 "/usr/include/c++/3.2.3/i386-redhat-linux/bits/gthr-default.h" 3
 extern __typeof(pthread_create) __gthrw_pthread_create __attribute__
((__weakref__("pthread_create")));
"/usr/include/c++/3.2.3/i386-redhat-linux/bits/gthr-default.h" 3
  static inline int   __gthread_active_p (void)
  {     static void *const __gthread_active_ptr = (void *)
&__gthrw_pthread_create;     return __gthread_active_ptr != 0;

> Yes, distcc runs cpp, which expands all #defines.  It's pretty much
> impossible that distcc could fail to run the precompiler.  I'm not sure
>how it could work locally and fail remotely.

As i mentioned earlier, it will work for remote build if it is RHEL3
update 7 or higher(which has newer glibc).

Raja