[distcc] Problem between RHEL3 Update 7 and previous updates

raja at ece.gatech.edu raja at ece.gatech.edu
Wed Aug 2 17:49:44 GMT 2006

Hi,

When i use distcc with one machine having RHEL3 update 7 and another one
having older update of RHEL3, we are getting the following error when we
do a dlopen on the generated library file.

undefined symbol:   __gthrw_pthread_create(unsigned long*,
__pthread_attr_s const*, void* (*)(void*), void*)'

We dont have this problem, when the distcc federation have machines with
only RHEL update 7.

This is because, RHEL3 update 7 moved from
glibc-2.3.2-95.37 => glibc-2.3.2-95.39

There is  "#define __gthrw_pthread_create ..." (gthr-posix.h) in
glibc-2.3.2-95.39 which is present in RHEL3 update 7.

Since distcc does all preprocessing in the local machine, i was wondering
how this could create a problem.

Am i missing something or is this a bug in distcc?

Raja