[distcc] TMPDIR on Cygwin

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Thu Jul 20 02:00:32 GMT 2006

On 18 Jul 2006, Shlomi Mor <shlomi.mor at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) TMPDIR
> I am using distcc on Cygwin, and I have a problem with TMPDIR.
> If TMPDIR = c:\tmp, distccd gets "/cygdrive/c/tmp" when calling getenv
> ("TMPDIR).
> The problem is that my compiler can't access such a path (it can get only
> regular windows paths, like "c:\tmp" or "c:/tmp" ).
>
> What is the most elegant way to fix it?
> (Of course I can change the dcc_get_tmp_top() function, so it will replace "/
> cygdrive/X/" with "X:/", but maybe there is nicer solution).

I suggest you write a patch which adds DISTCC_TMPDIR and uses that
instead if it's defined.

> 2) DISTCC_HOSTS
> Is there a way to use the computer name (inside my Windows domain) instead of
> IP numbers?
> I can't use IP numbers snice we are using DHCP.

I thought Windows domain naming was mapped to DNS in modern NT domains?
If so you should be able to just use those names.

If this isn't true in your environment, you'll need to investigate
whether there is an alternative to gethostbyname() which looks up WINS
names (??), and use that instead.