[distcc] TMPDIR on Cygwin

Shlomi Mor shlomi.mor at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 09:23:48 GMT 2006

Hi All,

I have 2 problems:

*1) TMPDIR*
I am using distcc on Cygwin, and I have a problem with TMPDIR.
If TMPDIR = c:\tmp, distccd gets "/cygdrive/c/tmp" when calling
getenv("TMPDIR).
The problem is that my compiler can't access such a path (it can get only
regular windows paths, like "c:\tmp" or "c:/tmp" ).

What is the most elegant way to fix it?
(Of course I can change the dcc_get_tmp_top() function, so it will replace
"/cygdrive/*X*/" with "*X*:/", but maybe there is nicer solution).

*2) DISTCC_HOSTS*
Is there a way to use the computer name (inside my Windows domain) instead
of IP numbers?
I can't use IP numbers snice we are using DHCP.

Thanks,
        Shlomi Mor