[distcc] Re: Eight little patches for distcc

Michael Donohue michael.donohue at gmail.com
Wed May 24 23:21:00 GMT 2006

When I was at PayPal, the localslots were hardcoded into the binary, and
there was no option to configure it.   I added the option to make it more
general purpose before I submitted the patch.  It sounds like the patch, as
originally submitted, doesn't do what it is supposed to do.

Thanks for finding that, and fixing it.

-Michael

On 5/23/06, Guy Maor <guyqmaor at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Michael, I was trying to apply your distcc patch so that l could
> limit the number of local links.  Our make system builds a bunch of
> .a's, and it frequently ends up invoking many ar's in parallel.

I was wondering how it worked for you without this?  My make system is