[distcc] distcc & gcc3.3

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Apr 29 06:52:02 GMT 2006

On 4/17/06, Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net> wrote:
> > > Does that give you byte-for-byte identical output?
> I meant identical .o files between local and remote compilation, which
> is what the original poster seemed to be asking.

Oh, er, um, right.  Sometimes I have the brain of a flea.

No, they're not byte-for-byte identical, because the debugging information
will show slightly different filename paths, I think.
The generated code should be identical, though.

So it comes down to *why* the original poster needed identical files.
Paul, would you be happy with identical generated code, even if the
debugging info in the .o's was slightly different?
- Dan