[distcc] distcc & gcc3.3

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Apr 12 04:27:18 GMT 2006

On 4/11/06, Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net> wrote:
> > Googling I've found that there have been similar
> > inquiries (please see below). Can this problem be
> > fixed by simply adding a compiler flag?
> >
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-01/msg01341.html
> > http://lists.samba.org/archive/distcc/2003q2/000997.html
>
> I think fixing it requires a patch to gcc.

This is described here, isn't it?
http://distcc.samba.org/faq.html#gdb
(since the anchor is missing now, scroll down to "gdb can't find source files").

If so, it's nice that there's a gcc patch, but we'd have to port it to all
the versions of gcc we need.  Easier, I think, to patch distcc,
as described in the distcc FAQ.  I reposted that patch as part of the
"eight little patches" thread,
http://kegel.com/distcc/2006-03-28/01-distcc-gdb-20051210.patch
and I think it's worth including in mainline distcc.  I certainly use it.
- Dan