[distcc] distcc & gcc3.3

Paul Theo Gonciari gptheo at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 11 08:42:34 GMT 2006

Running binary diff (or md5sum) on two object files
(one build locally and one build on a remote machine
through distcc) finds differences.

Building a project with -g ~80% of the files are
different, when building with -O2 only ~10%.

(btw, I'm using distcc 2.18.3)

Googling I've found that there have been similar
inquiries (please see below). Can this problem be
fixed by simply adding a compiler flag?

http://lists.samba.org/archive/distcc/2003q2/000997.html

Many thanks,
Theo