[distcc] Re: distcc on Cygwin w/o fork()

Laine Stump laine+distcc at laine.org
Wed Apr 5 19:15:19 GMT 2006

At 08:20 PM 4/3/2006, Steven Solie wrote:
>I have done a port of distcc which eliminates fork() for AmigaOS.
>Of course it has AmigaOS-specific pieces in it but it may be a good
>starting point to get you going on your own non-fork() version for
>Windoze or whatever.

Sure. If there's nothing ready-made available, you patches will at
least point out the lines where they snippers can be used. You can
either mail me a patchfile, or just let me know where I can pick it up.

Hopefully fork() really is the problem. Has anyone else actually seen
acceptable gains when running builds from a Windows box the uses the
Cygwin distcc?