[distcc] Further development

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Wed Apr 5 04:05:40 GMT 2006

On 4 Apr 2006, at 20:45 , Michael Stather wrote:

> I wonder whether distcc is still alive or dead. It´s IMHO a very
> useful tool, but it lacks
> features such as dynamic load balancing, which are not so hard to
> add. Just saying "if you want teambuilder then buy it"
> in the faq isn´t really appropriate foe such a popular project. So
> is anyone working on distcc. Or was it sponsored by a company
> which has now withdrawn.

It's not dead, it's just sleeping...  I haven't worked on it much for
some time because I don't only have access to two machines, and I do
little C/C++ development at the moment, and I was very busy last
year.  I will try sometime to gather up the patches which have been
processed and make a new release.

--
Martin Pool