[distcc] Specifying compiler for distcc?

Victor Norman vtnpgh at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 15:56:38 GMT 2006

I also use a full pathname -- but it is the pathname of a shell script that analyzes which kind of platform the machine is (linux, solaris, cygwin) and then runs the compiles from the correct place for that platform.

(I can post that really simple little script, if anyone is interested.)

Vic

Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote: On 2/15/06, Dominic Marks  wrote:
> > Indeed, we've installed a bunch of compilers and want to use all of them
> > for parallel compiling with distcc.
> >
> > Does anyone know if it's possible to specify which one to use within
> > distcc?
>
> I might be misunderstanding you here, but the first argument to distcc is
> the compiler. You could setup a series of links so enable you to use
> shortcuts like pgcc, gcc, and so on. The manual page covers this quite
> well I think.

Yup.  I even use absolute pathnames to invoke the compiler;
that works well (as long as the compilers are installed at the
same place on both client and server).
- Dan

__