[distcc] High parallelism and local FS mounts

Syed U. Aqeel aqeesye at iit.edu
Wed Feb 8 12:24:44 GMT 2006

Hi there,

I'd like to try distributing a large build over about 80 nodes. Each
node has an identical build and I have mounted the file system with my
source code (and where I'd like build products to be delivered) on each
machine.

Is it possible to get distcc to access the source locally instead of
zipping it across with SSH? It seems to me that the latency involved in
shipping so many tiny source files across the network and then putting
together the build products would be substantial, particularly as the
number of nodes available grows.

Also, if anyone has any performance numbers with a large number of
nodes, I'd be very interested.

Many thanks,

Uzair