[distcc] DistCC on Cygwin with FreeBSD Target?

Scott Spare scuppers at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 18:28:32 GMT 2006

DistCC with Cygwin as the daemon and FreeBSD as the target (client):

-Compiling from the FreeBSD ports tree with distcc set as the compiler for
variables
C, CXX, and CPP in /etc/make.conf, the distcc daemon's running on the cygwin
machine...

-Compile seems to fail due to "File format not recognized" errors.  For
example, this morning I tried running make install clean from
/usr/ports/games/flightgear...  The compilation doesn't complete.  Here are
my results:

if distcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../simgear -I../..
-I/usr/local/include
 -I/usr/X11R6/include  -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -march=pentium2 -MT
tabbed
_values_test.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/tabbed_values_test.Tpo" -c -o
tabbed_values_te
st.o tabbed_values_test.cxx;  then mv -f ".deps/tabbed_values_test.Tpo"
".deps/t
abbed_values_test.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/tabbed_values_test.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
distcc  -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -march=pentium2  -L/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/
X11R6/lib -pthread  -o tabbed_value_test  tabbed_values_test.o
../../simgear/mis
c/libsgmisc.a  ../../simgear/xml/libsgxml.a
../../simgear/debug/libsgdebug.a
tabbed_values_test.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized
distcc[66514] ERROR: compile (null) on localhost failed
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/simgear/work/SimGear-0.3.9/simgear/misc.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/simgear/work/SimGear-0.3.9/simgear.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/simgear/work/SimGear-0.3.9/simgear.
*** Error code 1
Also, I noticed it's at localhost, which maybe is because it's still doing
linking at this stage?
Confused about how to cross compile using Dan Kegel's scripts, but would
like to document it for the BSDs if I can get it working....

Software:
Using FreeBSD 6 Stable
GCC 3.4.4

Scott