[distcc] benchmark linux-2.4.20

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Wed Jan 4 23:47:29 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 17:01 -0800, Dongmin Zhang wrote:

> I am trying to run benchmark linux-2.4.20. But I got this error
> message
>
> "make: *** No rule to make target `defconfig'.  Stop."
>
> There is no file configure in linux-2.4.20. And I tried with
>
> configure_cmd='make config'
>
> then it keeps asking all sorts of configuration questions. I am
> wondering if any body has easy fix?

I don't think there is any way to get a sensible default configuration
in 2.4.20, other than by supplying it yourself.  What's strange is the
builtin distcc benchmark in ./bench/ does the same thing, so can't have
worked.

There are some standard .config files for benchmarking available on the
web, so I suggest you copy in one of those after unpacking.