[distcc] Loadbalanced distcc

Victor Norman vtnpgh at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 16:06:39 GMT 2006

Again, my DMUCS solution provides load balancing.  DMUCS is basically a wrapper around distcc.  You run a "host-server" and you run very simple load-average-reporting tasks on each host (along with the distccd's).  Then, your compile contacts the host server for a host, places the result in DISTCC_HOSTS environment variable, and runs distcc.

I am in the process of getting my code onto sourceforge in cvs.  It may even happen today.

Please let me know if you want me to send you the code directly.

Vic

Sean D'Epagnier <geckosenator at gmail.com> wrote: I'm also very interested in this subject.  I think there are a lot of advanced ways to do it, but a few simple ones would really help performance.  If anyone wants to contact me about working on this, or would like to share ideas, feel free to.

On 1/3/06, Patrik Olesen <patrik at famolesen.com> wrote: Hello,

I have seen that there where an old thread about developing some sort of
loadbalancing for the deployment of the compiler jobs. What is the
progress of this work does anybody have any news?

Best regards,
  Patrik
__
distcc mailing list            http://distcc.samba.org/