[distcc] Knock, Knock, can distcc come out to play?

George Garvey tmwg-distcc at inxservices.com
Mon Sep 12 19:15:01 GMT 2005

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 09:55:31AM +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> On 12/09/05, John Carter <john.carter at tait.co.nz> wrote:
> > Is there anyway of just getting distcc to just quietly drop that IP out of
> > the farm and carry on without saying anything?
>
> I think the behaviour is OK, and it's just the warning messages that
> are a problem.  It could fairly easily be changed to just log those
> messages and not display them to stderr.

   On the other hand, I've appreciated a few times getting those
messages. In my situation, they almost always mean something needs
attention, since we don't turn off computers here. I'd rather not have
one more log file that needs a program to tell me when something needs
attention, when I'm getting immediate feedback now.