[distcc] Force distcc to use 'ssh -x'

Martin Pool martinpool at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 01:35:50 GMT 2005

On 09/09/05, Brian <reflection at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'd like to force distcc to use 'ssh -x' to disable X11 forwarding, to
> further disable it from trying to lock my .Xauthority file 27 times. I've
> tried  export DISTCC_SSH='ssh -x'  but apparantly it looks for a binary that
> is actually named 'ssh -x' and fails out. Is there a better way to do this?

That's a good idea.

1. The code that opens the connection should be changed to parse
DISTCC_SSH into words beforce executing it.

2. The default value should include -x (and perhaps others?)

I'd like to also look at what would be needed to make distcc use ssh
connection sharing, which could make it a lot faster.  I haven't
tested if it will just work or if something is needed in distcc.  At
least we should document it in the faq.