[distcc] distccmon-text blanks out

Greg Szeszko (TT) Greg.Szeszko at tradingtechnologies.com
Thu Aug 25 13:47:24 GMT 2005

I build a C++ project with very heavy preprocessing.  I run it on a 2
machine RH system, each having 2 CPUs.  When I run distccmon-text (with
refresh of 2) on the main compilation machine (the one that starts make
-j 6) I initially see listing for all six jobs with state Preprocess.
After a short while, though, the listings start disappearing one by one
and then there is nothing.  I can still see the preprocessing jobs
running on my local machine.  The remote distccd reports compilation of
few files, but distccmon-text on the local machine shows nothing.  Is
that an intended behavior?

Greg