[distcc] Re: Simple autodiscovery of distcc servers

Jeremy Glazman JGlazman at itsgames.com
Thu Aug 11 16:48:40 GMT 2005

I have had problems with too high of a -j# setting, but many of my problems
are specific to the type of farm I have setup. There are situations when
many people are compiling at once, and with too few machines on the farm too
many parallel makes has caused some strange problems with our cross
compilers...

Anyways yea I see what you're doing, I would much prefer an implementation
along those lines and do away with the need for the hosts file altogether. I
use the hosts file now, but it is more out of convenience for my specific
implementation. Ideally I would rather not need to keep track of that
information, as in your scheme, which I think could much simplify my setup.