[distcc] redeclared symbol error

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Thu Jun 30 00:40:04 GMT 2005

Please mail the list, not to me, so that other people can help and
benefit from the answers.

On 29 Jun 2005, Lee Adamson <lee at macquarie.com.au> wrote:
> I also built the Solaris compiler. They are compiled with very  similar options
> from that same source tarball.  No, the Solaris compiler is in
> /opt/gcc/gcc-4.0.0/bin...

In that case the command you gave before,

> >> /opt/gcc/distcc-2.18/bin/distcc /opt/gcc/cross/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/g++
> >> <compiler options>

couldn't work.  If you give an absolute path, it must be the same on all
machines.  Please post the exact command you're running; or perhaps see
if it can be reproduced with simpler or open source code.