[distcc] Web based compiling farm

Antenore Gatta antenore at gmail.com
Wed May 4 09:41:56 GMT 2005

Thanks a lot Martin.

We are working on the first stage, so we have a lot of time to think
about LSF problems.
Probably the best way could be to choose a distrib as starting point.
Like Gentoo stage 3...

I'm totaly agree with you, security is the most important matter of
this project and we have some ideas about that, I'll let you know
about our progress.

Regarding the compile report I need to know in advance which is the
network troughput. Imagine that a new user join to us for the first
time, where can I put this host? Which is the nearest compiling farm
from it?

I know, it is quite impossible to answer to the question "how far is
it", sending an image is quite simple and 80 to 100 times works fine,
we have tried to send (several times) an image 100 times in 60 sec.
loop.

By the way, we have to do so much work. If you are interested I'll
inform you with important update/news.

Regards,
Antenore.