[distcc] 120 day uptime trouble with distcc?

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Wed May 4 08:54:09 GMT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 21:40 -0700, Daniel Kegel wrote:
> I'm running distccd-2.16 in daemon mode on some old 2.2 kernel boxes.
> After 120 days of uptime, the daemons became unresponsive.
> First it affected one machine, then another, and finally all of them.
> Restarting the daemon fixed the problem.
> Anyone seen anything like that before?

I have not.  I can believe that perhaps its preforking model rolls over
some kind of counter in 2.2 after that much time.  Wasn't there a 2.2 or
2.0 release that needed to reboot after 1<<32 ms?  I can't think of
anything specific that would cause it but I'd suspect a 2.2 networking
bug.

ps: congratulations :-)