[distcc] distcc fails when building linux kernel on gentoo

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Thu Feb 24 16:19:58 GMT 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 10:48:58AM +0100, Michelasso wrote:
> As a workaround, could I try to comment out that line in the Makefile?

I wouldn't trust it.  Gentoo enables various extra features in their
compiler that could be incompatible with a normal gcc release (such as
some improved stack-checking security features).  Your best bet is to
install the same compiler on all systems -- either the same binary or
compiled with the exact same options (it doesn't have to be the main
compiler on the remote systems, it just needs to be available for the
distcc daemon to use).

..wayne..