[distcc] distcc fails when building linux kernel on gentoo

Michelasso qzerty at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 21:34:37 GMT 2005

Hello everybody,
I have this strange problem with distcc. In my home network I have
three linux pc's, a debian one, an ubuntu one and a gentoo one. When I
use distcc to build the gentoo system on the latter one I have no
problems. When I try to build the kernel on the same pc, for example
with the command 'make -j8 CC=distcc' I get immediately the following
error:

cc1: error: unrecognized option `-Wdeclaration-after-statement'
distcc[21097] ERROR: compile arch/i386/kernel/asm-offsets.c on
192.168.1.150 failed

where 192.168.1.150 is one of the other two linux pc's, and the
compilation stops.

Any suggestion?

Bye.