[distcc] health monitoring of distcc cluster

Victor Norman vtnpgh at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 14:58:09 GMT 2005

Dan,

This probably doesn't help you much, but the system I posted a month or so ago
(that uses a central host-server that passes out hosts in a cluster to
compilations) does monitor the state of the cluster.  Each compilation host
runs not only distccds but also a loadavg script.  If the host-server doesn't
hear a loadavg message from a machine for over a minute, then it marks the host
as "silent" and removes it from the list of avialable compilation hosts.

Vic