[distcc] masquerading problem

Brandon Coleman metrix1978 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 03:48:01 GMT 2005

I am having major problem with masquerading distcc.
I have setup the directory with all the links in /usr/local/distcc/bin

I have this in .profile for my root account
export PATH="/usr/local/distcc/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11"

if I run which gcc or g++ I get
/usr/local/distcc/bin

BUT whenever I run make-kpkg on kernel sourceit complete ignores
distcc! (I can tell because top shows cc1 using processor, and I never
see distcc show up in the process list) the same thing happens if I
run 'make vmlinux'.

I googled for  several hours, and couldn't find an answer, what am I
doing wrong??

Brandon