[distcc] Patch for propogating environment variables

Devon H. O'Dell dodell at sitetronics.com
Thu Nov 25 17:06:13 GMT 2004

Martin Pool wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 17:46:58 +0100, Devon H. O'Dell
> <dodell at sitetronics.com> wrote:
>
>>For those interested, I've completed a the preliminary patch for this
>>functionality. It's available at:
>>
>>http://www.the-bofh.org/projects/distcc-env/
>

> I think it would be OK to merge this functionality (I haven't looked
> at the updated patch yet).  I might save it for the next protocol bump
> though.

Well, I do need to make it reset the environment to the original state
once it's done, but other than that, even the protocols are handled
(I've added a 1.1 and 2.1 protocol, plus a hostspec parser, so that

hostname,env,lzo hostname2,env hostname3,lzo hostname4

will use protocol 2.1 for hostname, 1.1 for hostname2, 2.0 for
hostname3, 1.0 for hostname). It'd obviously be pretty easy to just
switch this to a 3.0. Other than that, it works pretty well. At least
it's possible to build DragonFly with distcc :)

--Devon