[distcc] _3632_0: No such file or directory

Martin Pool martinpool at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 05:55:16 GMT 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:05:47 +0200 (CEST), Jean Delvare
<khali at linux-fr.org> wrote:
> I don't think this is the correct approach. Most likely, the file
> handles (or sockets, whatever) need to be open in text mode, which will
> do the conversion for you. I'm surprised since I thought it was the
> default, at least when using cygwin. Maybe the files have been
> explicitely opened as binary.

I though text mode was the default too, but it looks like things are
more complex.

  http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-textbinary.html

I guess Sebastien has the disk "mounted" in binary mode.

distcc ought to use O_TEXT when opening text files.  It's probably
good to treat \r as a separator on Unix as well though, because
sometimes people create files in that format.