[distcc] distcc 2.18 released

Victor Norman vtnpgh at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 12:03:19 GMT 2004

Because our engineers are on umpteen different networks in our organization,
all of which is behind a firewall.  I figure that if some hacker is good enough
to get into our organization, he deserves to be able to use distccd as medium
for doing more harm.  In any case, once he's in, there are plenty more
well-known ways to get at stuff.  And, if he uses distccd to run stuff on
remote machines, then he'll be running that stuff as me (user norman), which
means he can only do what I can do in the network -- which is mostly just mess
up my own stuff.  I'm willing to take that risk.

It certainly is alot easier than putting about 14 --allow statements in each
distccd startup command-line.

Vic