[distcc] Link-based masquerading and dist-cross-compiling

ncrfgs ncrfgs at tin.it
Mon Sep 27 18:50:05 GMT 2004

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 01:11:40PM +0200, ncrfgs wrote:
> > > Do you mean with the following link?
> > >
> > > /usr/lib/distcc/ia64-linux-gcc-3.3 -> ../../bin/distcc
> >
> > Yes
>
> I considered this solution already but this way I would lost the advantage to
> be able to use distcc even with those building scripts that doesn't care about
> the CC and CXX variables. =(

What do you think about a script based masquerading configuration?

:~$ cat /usr/lib/ia64-linux/gcc

  #!/bin/sh

  ccache distcc gcc "$@"

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.
--
Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
``Don't bother us with politics,'' respond those who don't

 -- Richard M. Stallman
    http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/linux-gnu-freedom.html