[distcc] Exploit in distcc ( got compromised ;( )

Sylvain Munaut tnt at 246tnt.com
Thu Aug 26 09:47:42 GMT 2004

Hi,

On a machine, I had a distcc available to the internet ( yeah, silly me
... deactivated a firewall rules for a few hours and forgot to
reactivate it ... )

It was a distcc 2.13, I know it's not the latest one. And it was
exploited to gain a localshell as the distcc user. Hopefully he didn't
do anything else AFAIK, the root exploit he tried didn't work ( too
recent kernel installed ).

Is this a known and now fixed problem ?

Sylvain

PS: I'm not subscriber, so please forward to me as well as the list