[distcc] distcc and aCC on HP-UX 11.11

Michael Orlov michaelo at amdocs.com
Mon Aug 16 13:41:14 GMT 2004

Hi,
On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 13:00, mbp at sourcefrog.net wrote:
> On 16 Aug 2004, Michael Orlov <michaelo at amdocs.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> > I'm trying to compile ACE wrappers on HP-UX 11.11 with distcc  2.17 .
> > I'm using the masquerading for the aCC compiler.
> > But I got the strange issue: all the *.o files that I get from the
> > remote machines are with 0 size....
>
> > distccd[3323] send DOTO00000000
> > distccd[3323] aCC SOCK_Acceptor.cpp on localhost completed ok
>
> I guess aCC doesn't support the -o option in the same way that gcc
> does.  If you can experiment with preprocessing and compiling by hand
> and let me know what command if any does work, then I can try to
> support it in a future version.
I tried to understand what is happening during the compilation and I
found that the *.ii suffix is not supported by aCC at all, it just don't
do nothing when it gets the *.ii file as input. In addition it reports
status 0 when it try to compile the source with *.ii suffix.

May be it possible to change somehow (from some configuration variable)
the suffix of the pre-compiled source ? I guess it'll help.

Thanks,

--
Michael Orlov
System Unix Team