[distcc] 2.17 bug? No "dcc_trace()" function/#define found (src/clinet.c)

Greg Earle earle at isolar.DynDNS.ORG
Tue Aug 3 23:36:00 GMT 2004

distcc 2.17, Solaris 9, configured with

./configure --enable--rfc2553 --with-gnome --with-gtk

"make" dies at

gcc -g -O2 -W -Wall -Wimplicit -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align
-Wwrite-strings -Waggregate-return -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs  -o distcc src/backoff.o
                                      src/climasq.o src/clinet.o
src/clirpc.o                                 src/compile.o src/cpp.o
                                              src/distcc.o
                                      src/hosts.o src/hostfile.o
                              src/implicit.o src/loadfile.o
                      src/remote.o
              src/ssh.o src/state.o src/strip.o
      src/timefile.o src/timeout.o src/traceenv.o
src/where.o
src/arg.o src/argutil.o
src/cleanup.o src/compress.o
src/trace.o src/util.o src/io.o src/exec.o
src/rpc.o src/tempfile.o src/bulk.o src/help.o src/filename.o
src/lock.o
src/netutil.o
src/pump.o
src/sendfile.o
src/safeguard.o src/snprintf.o src/timeval.o
lzo/minilzo.o -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl  -lpopt
dcc_trace                           src/clinet.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to distcc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `distcc'

I don't see "dcc_trace" anywhere.  I see "dcc_trace_argv", and I see
"rs_trace", but no "dcc_trace".  I'm presuming it should be "rs_trace",
but I figured I'd mention it on the mailing list first.  Surely
everyone that's downloaded and built 2.17 should've run into this one?!?

Regards,

	- Greg Earle
	  earle (at) isolar (dot) DynDNS (dot) ORG