[distcc] Re: crosstool and .rpm's

Daniel Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Jul 27 17:23:39 GMT 2004

Daniel Kegel wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
>>> (I still don't know how to
>>> make a single .SRPM for multiple targets, though.
>>

>> It's darn complicated ;)
>>
>>> From my experience (I am the author of the RTEMS cross toolchain
>>
>> rpm-specs), if you really want to provide a single SRPM, you probably
>> will have to resort to passing the target via rpm-defines
>> (rpmbuild --define 'xtarget xxxx').
>

> Oooh, then there's also the --target flag.  Maybe that's the standard
> way to do it...

No, darn it, that's for setting the host system type.  How confusing.
So in the final solution, one would use --target to set what machine
the compilers will run on, and --define 'realtarget powerpc-405-linux-gnu'
to set what machine that compilers will generate code for.

I'm going to skip all that for today, but keep it in mind for later.
- Dan