[distcc] 2.15 compile error on Solaris 8 - popt.h not found

Sean Kelly lists at shortestpath.org
Tue Jul 6 15:25:27 GMT 2004

Hi,

  I am trying to compile distcc-2.15 on Solaris 8 for SPARC using GCC
2.95.3 and the configure line "./configure --prefix=/distcc".

  When I type make, the compilation fails with:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_GNU_SOURCE -I./src -DSYSCONFDIR="\"/distcc/etc\"" -
DPKGDATADIR="\"/distcc/share/distcc\"" -Isrc -I./lzo -g -O2 -W -Wall -
Wimplicit -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Waggregate-
return -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -o
src/dopt.o -c src/dopt.c
src/dopt.c:38: popt.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [src/dopt.o] Error 1

  I can see that popt.h is in distcc-2.15/popt/popt.h and have read from
the INSTALL file that if libpopt is not found then it will be statically
linked in.

  I think my problem here is down to the fact that Solaris has problems
statically linking binaries.  Is this the case with this error?

  Thanks,

--
Sean Kelly <lists at shortestpath.org>