[distcc] Will patches for host list randomization and connection timeouts be merged into the main trunk?

Martin Eisenhardt Martin.Eisenhardt at uni-bayreuth.de
Fri Jun 18 20:17:54 GMT 2004

Hello,

will the two pathces for the randomization of distcc's host list and the
setting of a connection timeout be merged into the main trunk of distcc?
If so, when will that happen?

The reason for my "merge request" is that I want to use distcc in Gentoo
without having to patch the sources. Since I use my university's computer
lab to do some compiling and not all computer's are always available, both
the randomization and the possibility to set a short timeout value would
greatly enhance distcc's usability.

Thanks for your answer!

Best regards

Dipl.-Wirtsch. Inf. Martin Eisenhardt

Universität Bayreuth
Fakultät Mathematik und Physik
Fachbereich Informatik
Lehrstuhl für Angewandte Informatik I
D-95440 Bayreuth

fon  : +49 (921) 55 3314
fax  : +49 (921) 55 5820
email: martin.eisenhardt at uni-bayreuth.de
www  : http://ai1.inf.uni-bayreuth.de
www2 : http://www.mneisen.org

Please note: this eMail was composed entirely of recycled bits. No byte
             was harmed during the creation of this message. Please
             dispose of carefully!