[distcc] RE: Re: Re: distcc and cl.exe (MS Visual compiler)

Frederic Paolucci fpaolucci at call.fr
Thu Jun 17 12:41:17 GMT 2004

Hello,

So here's what I did to make distcc work on Cygwin.

In cygwin, before launching the server, I had to write:
"export TMPDIR=c:/temp"

That's all!

Note that if It set TMPDIR to c:/temp in windows variables, it doesn't work
because cygwin converts it to "/cygdrive/c/temp" and distcc dislike that
syntax.

Then I did the patch suggested by Sebastien in dcc_get_tmp_top() not to have
to export TMPDIR each time.

FYI, I succeeded to automatically start distccd as a service in cygwin
(thanks to Paul Donovan) ; I had to wrote:
    cygrunsrv -I distccd -a "--daemon --no-detach" -p
/usr/local/bin/distccd.exe
    cygrunsrv -S distccd

Hope that will help people using distcc in cygwin.
Frédéric