[distcc] Switch from gcc 2.96 to 3.2.2

mbp at sourcefrog.net mbp at sourcefrog.net
Mon Jun 14 22:05:43 GMT 2004

On 14 Jun 2004, chen jie <mycare2001 at yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I am a new user for gcc. I have a questions and
> hope to get your help.

Are you using distcc or just gcc?

>    I had a gcc 2.96 program finished before, but now I
> installed gcc 3.2.2 on my Linux machine which makes
> this program could not run any more. So what should I
> do with it? Could you pls. tell me in detail?

It depends on what in particular is going wrong.  Do you get an error
when you try to compile your program under gcc 3.3?  If so, you might
need to fix that error.  If you can't compile any errors, perhaps your
gcc upgrade didn't work.  Either way it's better to ask on a gcc users'
mailing list, not here.