[distcc] How to pass on Sun W.S. " LM_LICENSE_FILE" variable to secondary distcc host ?

Yang Tj-ATY010 ATY010 at motorola.com
Fri Apr 30 14:18:39 GMT 2004

I got help from  magic hands from my group.
We are now able to compile using Sun's cc. The trick
is to access the licence.dat via nfs instead of trying
to set the LM_LICENSE_FILE variable on secondary
compiling hosts.

Here is output from "distccmon-text 1"

 19383  Compile     deflate.c                                      ilad2140[0]
 19503  Preprocess  trees.c                                        ilad2140[1]
 19578  Connect     adler32.c                                      ilad2141[0]

 19610  Compile     deflate.c                                      ilad2140[0]
 19503  Compile     trees.c                                        ilad2140[1]
 19683  Compile     adler32.c                                      ilad2141[0]

 19751  Compile     trees.c                                        ilad2140[1]
 19733  Compile     gzio.c                                         ilad2141[0]

 19900  Compile     gzio.c                                         ilad2141[0]

 20070  Compile     minigzip.c                                     ilad2140[0]

 20299  Receive     inffast.c                                      ilad2140[0]

 20500  Preprocess  infcodes.c                                     ilad2140[0]
 20529  Connect     inflate.c                                      ilad2141[0]

 20623  Compile     inflate.c                                      ilad2141[0]
 20633  Compile     infutil.c                                      ilad2141[1]

But on primary host ilad2141 I got this warning message.

Apr 30 08:57:52 ilad2141 distccd[12489]: [ID 702911 daemon.crit] CRITICAL! too many cleanups

I will look into documents about this error message but you can enlighten me too ;)

Another potential problem is that according to this link
at http://distcc.samba.org/faq.html#suncc, Looks like compiling
C++ files on Solaris using Sun WS cc is a problem. I will verified
the problem and looking for fix.

tj